Thank you for visiting A-Better-Child.org. We need your opinion of our website. Send us an e-mail and let us know what you like or don't like about the site. Also, let us know if there is a topic you think we should discuss on the website. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some might wonder why this topic is on a website that is dedicated to child safety. This website is also dedicated to preparing children for the future. Children need to learn how to love others. They need to learn how to say "I Love You". With half of marriages ending in divorce it is vital we teach our children how to have a successful marriage. They can learn by reading the information on this page. They can also learn by their parents setting an example after they have read this page. Children taught at an early age how they should live their lives as an adult will have a better chance of success in all areas of their lives. I know that sounds simplistic, but they can either learn life's lessons early in life or pay the price of ignorance later in life.
This topic is for the men and women who have a difficult time saying "I Love You". It doesn't matter whether you have been dating for a short while or if you've been married for years. There are those who just cannot get the words out.
Telling someone you love them is a good way of expressing your inner feelings. It is best when you can tell them by the special things you do for them. Men and women need to know they are loved and are special to the other person.
Families today don't have the time to say "I Love You" much less show it. If time is not taken to show and tell someone how much they mean to you, then there may be no hope of a lasting relationship. This applies to children as well. Children now more than ever before need to know that they are special because their parents took time to tell them and show them they are loved.
I urge you to check out the articles, websites and books listed below. If you are willing to try just a few of the suggestions listed below, you will see a difference in the one you love.
By MInTheGap on Apr 30, 2007 in Husbands and Wives
Often, we can remember to say "I Love You" and show it when we are young and first fall in love with each other, but when it gets to the point that youve been together for years, what you do and say that are not those three words mean more than saying them. That's not to say that you shouldn't tell your spouse you love them, but let me suggest (for the man and the woman) some ways that you can say I love you without saying it.
- Hold her hand
- Giver her a back/neck massage
- Play with her hair
- Massage her feet
- Open her door
- Give her a hug
- Offer your arm
- Cuddle next to her while sitting down
- Put your arm around her neck
- Offer your shoulder for her head
Around the House
- Make the bed, before she gets to it
- Cook her a meal
- Vacuum the house
- Play her a song - a favorite of hers
- Do that project she's been asking you about
- Do a project that you know needs to be done without her asking
- Change the infant's diaper
- Go to sleep with her at night
- Let her sleep in while you watch the kids
- Buy her some flowers for display
- Leave notes around the house telling her how much you love her
- Write a message on the mirror with soap while shes in the shower
- Call them from work just to talk (not during her nap
- Send her an e-mail card (but not too often)
- Write her a snail-mail letter and have it delivered to the house when you're not there
- Call the grandparents to watch the kids for the night and surprise her by taking her out.
- Take the children out and let her have the day off
- Let her have a ladies night out
- Write her a poem
- Help your kids to write her a banner or note
The problem I have here is that I know that wives are so often showing their love that it would take something out of the ordinary to be different, and yet I will list some things (and they're probably dual purpose ).
- Prepare his meals
- Run his house
- Help raise his kids
- Greet him at the door with a kiss
- Hold his hand
- Cuddle with him
- Give him a massage
- Lay your head on his lap the next time you're watching television
- Walk over and sit on his lap
- Give him a back rub
- Give him some time to work on a project that he has been working on
- Talk to him about what interests him
- Sneak a note in with his lunch
- Call him and tell him that you are thinking about him
- Tell him that you appreciate what he does for the family
- Write a letter or something and leave it where he can find it.
- Get his favorite candy or treat just for him
- Talk good about him to your friends
- Talk good about him in front of him
- Encourage his dreams
- Obedience is the best way to show love
- Stand behind your parents decisions, even if you don't agree
- Create something to give to them to display on the fridge
- Ask to help do something around the house that you don't usually do
- Let your parents sleep in one day
- Share your favorite toy with your sibling
- Invite your brother/sister to come with you when going over to someone's house
- Make something special for dad to take to work
- Spend some time helping a younger sibling learn something they are having trouble with
- Clean up your room without being asked.
- Stand up for your friend when he is alone
- Be truthful to a friend, even if it hurts
- Always make time to talk to a friend
- Always listen completely to what a friend has to say
- Be a part of the group that encourages your friend to follow his dream
- Remember his/her birthday
- Be there to help a friend move
- Be understanding when family must come first
- Talk positively about your friend when he is not around
- Be on the look out for things that may help your friend
Things you can say to that special someone
- I adore you
- I appreciate you
- Theres no one else I could ever want to be with
- My life is not the same without you
- I care about you
- Please be there for me
- I trust you
- I will never leave you
- I will always be there for you
- You complete me
Things you can say to your friend
- Thank you
- I couldnt have done it without you
- I owe you more than you could possibly know
- Whatever you need done, I'll do it
- Don't worry, I'll be there (and make it)
- I promise...
- I'll be praying for you
- I'll be there right away
- Dont worry, I don't have to go
- Drive Safely
- Love Spell
- A Special World
- If I could
- It's You
- A Stranger Once
- The Jewel
- Never Have I Fallen
- Your Name
And 101 - Play the Randy Travis song "I'm Going to Love You Forever."
The article above was borrowed from: http://www.minthegap.com/2007/04/30/101-ways-to-say-i-love-you-without-saying-it/
Emotional Fitness: 10 ways to say, without saying, 'I love you'
Some people are not able to say the three little words "I love you." Although I think it's something that we should all strive for, for those who simply haven't gotten there yet, here are 10 ways you can show it without uttering the phrase.
1. Nothing says "I love you" more than laughing at your partner's bad jokes, especially if you've heard them a hundred times before. Making your loved one laugh is also a wonderful way of displaying your feelings.
2. Find that special little something that your partner lost or said he or she wanted but could never find. Also, giving your partner a nicely framed photograph of the two of you is a very touching gesture.
3. Do the manly-man or girly-girl thing. Many men say ILY by washing their mate's car and filling it with gas. Taking your man to a game, concert, car show or movie that he really likes is a great way to show that you want to be there for him.
4. Help your partner heal a childhood hurt or loss. Perhaps the most powerful thing you can do is to just listen to his or her story about what happened and follow it up with a big hug.
5. Show up at a business event as the loving spouse. This is all about giving. Staying in a supportive role and praising your mate's efforts to everyone you talk to will make your partner feel uplifted and loved.
6. When you're watching TV, snuggle up close with the one you love. Sitting across the room from each other in separate chairs may feel comfortable to your body, but it isn't fulfilling to your heart.
7. Bedtime cuddling helps sustain a long-term loving connection. If you both need your own space for sleeping, that's fine. Just touch each other for 15 minutes before you go to your side of the bed. By the way, those who engage in this activity also have healthier sex lives.
8. Go above and beyond. Making a grand gesture every now and then is a wonderful way to show your love. Doing the extraordinary as a couple will help you create cherished memories.
9. Doing something for your mate that he or she hates to do speaks volumes. We all have things in our lives that we dislike doing, and when your partner gets the spider out of the bathtub or makes a midnight run so the kids can have milk in the morning, it really says ILY (I Love You).
10. Being extra considerate on a daily basis works wonders. Saying "please" and "thank you," opening doors, helping your partner put on a coat, or putting a little love note in his or her pocket are a few of the little things that make a big difference.
Perhaps after showing (or being shown) your love in these ways, you will find it easier to speak the words. Just keep in mind that most of us want to hear them.
Barton Goldsmith, Ph.D., author of "Emotional Fitness for Couples," can be reached at 818-879-9996 or via e-mail at Barton@BartonGoldsmith.com. He has resided and practiced in Westlake Village for more than a decade. Hear him live on KCLU Radio, 88.3FM, from 2 to 3 p.m. Mondays.
The article was borrowed from: http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2007/apr/30/10-ways-to-say-without-saying-i-love-you/
The websites below will give you more ideas on saying "I Love You".
64 Ways to Say I Love You
A List of Relationship Tips for Lovers
5 Ways of Saying I Love You, Without Saying It
Apr 1, 2008 ... Nothing is more powerful than the power of touch. 2. Leave Love ... Do you find holes in the leaves of the plants which are no more greener? ...
Saying I love you with I Love You Poems, Famous Love Quotes and ...
Why do some relationships succeed while others fail? When you need more than True Love Poems, this e-book will help. It is designed to help you identify ...
31 Ways to Tell Your Child "I Love You"
Sometimes you can get the message through easier if you show rather than tell, ... Does your child say, "I love you"? Take our poll and join the discussion. ...
21 Ways to Say I Love You
Ready to let what you do speak louder than what you say? ... She gets a big kick out of them and knows it is my way of saying I love her. ...
50 Ways to Be Romantic on the Cheap | Zen Habits
Nothing says it more than a dozen roses. 2. Listen to what shes saying. .... Be a man, just be one, and shell love you no matter what you do. ...
101 ways to show your love | Romance Tracker
Following are 101 inexpensive ways to say I love you, but theyre only the .... Use creative romantic words other than I love you to tell your lover how ...